Cancer is one of the deadliest diseases. It has many types. Dealing with any kind of cancer is difficult. One of the scariest things about cancer is that almost half of the cancer types show symptoms at a very late stage and hence it is difficult to detect and treat it.
Cancer ranges from common to very rare category. Today, in this article, we’re going to talk about a very rare type of cancer, Mesothelioma.
Mesothelioma is a type of cancer which is caused due to long exposure to asbestos. It’s difficult to diagnose because it shows symptoms at a very late stage.
Like many other diseases, Mesothelioma also has several types. The main two types of meosthelioma are:
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma
- Pleural Mesothelioma
Pleural Mesothelioma is developed in the lungs linings, whereas peritoneal mesothelioma takes place in abdomen. Most of the time, it can spread to the other organs of the body.
Is it curable?
Unfortunately, there’s no cure for Mesothelioma. This is because as mentioned, its shows symptoms during the last stages. However, you can abate the effect of the disease and increases the life expectancy of the patient.
Contact support group
Nobody expects to be diagnosed with cancer. Mesothelioma is totally unexpected. The signs and symptoms are very similar to other common diseases. However, not many people know about it and very few understand it which makes a cure less likely.
Cancer doesn’t only affect the patient, but, it also affects the family members, friends etc. Dealing with cancer is overwhelming and stressful. It imparts sudden changes into your life and also affects the relationships. It’s recommended to contact and join support group.
How does support group helps?
Support groups serves as a boon for cancer patients. Apart from catering the needs of the victims, it also provides support to their family. They help you coping up with emotional aspects, receiving diagnosis. They also help you financially.
They answer questions like:
- How did it happen?
- Can I claim any compensation?
- Are the treatments affordable?
MesotheliomaHelp.org is an organization which helps people who have been diagnosed with Mesothelioma. Basically, they’re located in America, but their support groups also provide helps in countries like Australia, United Kingdom etc.
Look at the services they’ve are providing to victims and their families:
- They provide patient’s guide, legal advice and also help you discover doctors and
- They arrange financial services for the needy patients.
- They will educate you about the possible treatments with their pros and cons.
- Online service is available for patients who can’t travel and join them. In such cases, they look out options for possible clinical trials, private medical centers, and local physicians in order to cater the best service to the needy.
- They provide cancer patients and families with all the latest information, testimonials and real stories of the survivors.
- They also provide chat services for clearing your queries.
If you are looking for any support group for your loved ones or yourself, click here to contact them or to clarify your doubts.
Cancer can drain you physically and mentally. Don’t compromise, look out for various options available.